What is Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering?
This is a broad field of engineering which covers the full lifecycle of a Product or Process and includes Design Engineering, Production Support, Quality & Validation Engineering, Process Improvement Engineering etc. across a wide range of industries; Pharma, MedTech, Automotive, AgriTech, Energy etc.
✓ Work with world class companies.
✓ Paid work placement.
✓ Learn using VR & AR technology.
What makes a good REEdI Student Engineer?
The REEdI Interactive learning tree
Immersive learning opportunities
The first 2 years of this 4-year BEng (Honours) Degree Course will be Full time, Daytime on campus in MTU Kerry.
Students will then undertake Paid Work Placement for the remaining 2 years while also completing online modules relevant to this work experience and their own career aspirations.
The course is developed around the following academic themes:
- Project Management and Transversal Skills.
- Mathematics and Data Analytics.
- Drawing & Design Engineering.
- Mechanical & Process Engineering.
- Manufacturing & Quality Engineering.
- Materials and Manufacturing Processes.
- Electrical & Automation Engineering.
Why choose a REEdI Engineering Degree?
- On a REEdI programme you will get the opportunity to work with world-class companies- multinationals and small, medium enterprises in Ireland.
- You’ll get to spend a significant portion of your degree on paid work placement (Year 3 & 4) in one of our leading industry partners across a variety of manufacturing sectors- automotive, agritech, medtech, pharm and general manufacturing. See here for further information on the format of the REEdI Bachelor of Engineering programme.
- REEdI Student Engineers will be highly-skilled, employable, adaptable and flexible engineers of the future.
- Learn just in time, not just in case.
- Learn in innovation spaces as opposed to classrooms.
- Learn and work in teams.
- Learn using virtual and augmented reality.
- Learn using online learning and the REEdI Learning Map, with all engineering topics from fundamental to advanced available to you to navigate and explore in your own time!
- Study engineering topics that are specifically co-designed, co-developed with our industry partners- ensuring you are industry and employment-ready from Year 2 in your degree!
- Take part and gain academic credit for your role in innovative project challenges each semester you are on-campus in MTU-Kerry- working on projects for REEdI virtual clients!
How to apply
The REEdI application process consists of a number of pillars: