What is Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering?
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering is a broad field of engineering. The course covers the full lifecycle of a Product or Process. Including Design Engineering, Production Support, Quality & Validation Engineering, Process Improvement Engineering. Learnt across a wide range of industries; Pharma, MedTech, Automotive, AgriTech, Energy etc.
✓ Work with world class companies.
✓ Paid work placement.
✓ Learn using VR & AR technology.
What makes a good REEdI Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineer?
The REEdI Interactive learning tree
Immersive learning opportunities
The first 2 years of this 4-year BEng (Honours) Degree Course will be Full time, Daytime on campus in MTU Kerry.
Students will then undertake Paid Work Placement for the remaining 2 years while also completing online modules relevant to this work experience and their own career aspirations.
The course is developed around the following academic themes:
- Project Management and Transversal Skills.
- Mathematics and Data Analytics.
- Drawing & Design Engineering.
- Mechanical & Process Engineering.
- Manufacturing & Quality Engineering.
- Materials and Manufacturing Processes.
- Electrical & Automation Engineering.
Why choose a REEdI Engineering Degree?
- On a REEdI programme you will get the opportunity to work with world-class companies- multinationals and small, medium enterprises in Ireland.
You’ll spend Year 3 & 4 of your degree on paid work placement with one of our leading industry partners. Working in a variety of manufacturing sectors- automotive, agritech, medtech, pharm and general manufacturing. See here for further information on the REEdI Bachelor of Engineering programme.
- REEdI Student Engineers will be highly-skilled, employable, adaptable and flexible engineers of the future.
- Learn just in time, not just in case.
- Learn in innovation spaces as opposed to classrooms.
- Learn and work in teams.
- Learn using virtual and augmented reality.
- Learn using online learning and the REEdI Learning Map. All engineering topics from fundamental to advanced will be available to you. You can navigate and explore these in your own time!
Study engineering topics that are specifically co-designed, co-developed with our industry partners. Ensuring you are industry and employment ready from Year 2 in your degree!
- Year 1 & 2 when you are on-campus in MTU-Kerry you will work on projects for REEdI virtual clients!.
How to apply
The REEdI application process consists of a number of pillars: